Starting with our inception in 2002, we have held Induction Dinners to honor Induction Classes ranging in size from 5 to 12 people and 1 team. As you read the biographies of individual and team inductees included on this site, it will be clear why they have earned the Hall of Fame designation and what they have contributed to Suffield athletic history. Operating on a philosophy of maximum inclusion, the Committee starts the process by asking the public to nominate people who meet certain basic requirements:
- have a clearly defined athletic link to Suffield
- be out of high school at least 5 years
- have been involved in competitive athletics as a player, coach ,working professional, and/or volunteer
- have made a significant recognizable positive impact in his/her field and/or level of participation
- have displayed integrity and good character
Over the years we’ve received more than 200 nominations for consideration. Each year the Selection Sub-committee reviews the entire slate of nominees and narrows down the candidate list to 10-15 finalists. The finalists are voted upon by the full HOF Committee, and individuals or teams from this group receiving a two-thirds majority of those present and voting are elected to the Hall of Fame. As you might imagine, it is a difficult task to establish the group of finalists from so many deserving candidates. Those not selected for the Hall of Fame in a given year are held on file and are automatically considered when the next election is held.
Nomination forms can be downloaded here:
Please contact us at
for more details.
Suffield Athletic Hall of Fame Committee